Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life is cynical.. you gotta admit it..

The story of Katia.. my GF.. took a very interesting turn, two days ago, in the farewell party of Radhagal, an Indian intern here in CI, who was the one suggested the idea of my imaginary GF to relief the continuous pressure of ppl trying to hock me up with someone..

She was talking passionately about going on another internship! in the same country! in a similar job profile! after a brief trip to India! i knew something is fishy.. other than what we were eating..

Yes! she's in love.. with a young handsome Ivorian man.. and as I was teasing her for a bit about how much she hated guys over here.. I was feeling happy for her.. coz the only thing I believe about love.. is that it is blind.. and if the other person makes sense to you.. then it's ur brain that chose.. not ur heart.. you should be feeling an overwhelming ambiguous happiness rather than the happiness of achieving something, of finding the one.. coz that's what ur brain happiness feels like..

As we talked about it more.. I felt a little stupid.. and somewhat missing out.. by not allowing myself to care for anything or anyone here.. am leaving in 2 weeks anyway so why to bother.. what a logic!!

A week ago, I went to one of my colleague’s house for dinner, she lives with her husband in a small house, a studio, with simple furniture, quiet neighborhood, and it reminded me that marriage doesnt have to be the end of a hard and very long journey of emotional and sexual abstinence.. a song now plays in the back of my head "heart of gold"..

Best of luck Radhagal.. am on the lookout now..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers